A CM/ECF user may be interested in tracking filing activity in a Second Circuit case to which the user is not a party. The Notice for Cases of Interest function allows CM/ECF users to receive via email notices of filing activity in cases of interest.
1. Log in to Log in to NextGen CM/ECF. On the welcome page click on Utilities > Notice for Cases of Interest.
2. The E-Mail Notice for Cases of Interest for [user] screen opens.
Select the e-mail address on file or enter a new e-mail address.
3. Under Notice for Cases of Interest Frequency select whether to receive an email notice every time a new entry appears on the docket or once a day with a summary of docket entries for that day.
4. Add a case of interest by case number in yy-nnnn format. Type the case number in the Case Number box, then click Search and Add.
The case number and name appear in the Cases of Interest Selected box.
Repeat this process until all cases of interest appear in the Cases of Interest Selected box.
5. To save the list of selected cases, click Save at the bottom of the screen. The message Saved opens to verify that the list is updated.
Removing a case from the list of Case of Interest Selected
A CM/ECF user can add or remove cases from the list of cases of interest at time by opening Utilities > Notice for Cases of Interest from the NextGen CM/ECF welcome page.
To remove a case from the list, click the corresponding red X. To remove all cases, click Remove All.
Click Save to save the revised list.
Last modified at 10/16/2014